9 Reasons Coffee May Be Good For You
March is National Coffee Month
How many times have you been told that excessive coffee drinking is not good for your health? Now, new research is showing that coffee may have many health benefits.
1) Recent research at Harvard showed 1-3 cups of coffee daily could reduce the incidence of Type 2 diabetes. When more than 6 cups were consumed daily, men’s diabetes risk was found to be reduced by 54% and women’s by 30% when compared to non-coffee drinkers.
2) Research conducted by Dr. Tomas DePaulis at the Vanderbilt University Caffeine Institute found that regular coffee drinkers consuming 2 cups daily are 80% less likely to develop Parkinson’s disease.
Other DePaulis findings include:
3) Drinking 2 cups of coffee daily can reduce colon cancer risk by 25%.
4) Drinking 2 cups of coffee daily reduced liver cancer by 80%.
5) Drinking 2 cups of coffee daily reduces the risk of colon cancer by 25%.
6) Drinking 2 cups of coffee daily reduces the risk of liver cancer by 80%
7) Drinking 2 cups of coffee daily reduces gallstone production by 50%.
8) Finnish studies reported in the Journal of Alzheimer’s showed that those drinking 3-5 cups of coffee daily were 2/3 less likely to develop dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
9) A UCLA study reported in February 2009 showed that when coffee drinking was increased the incidence of strokes was decreased.
So the news is out that for coffee drinkers. Not only does coffee taste good, it may be a healthy drink for better health. So grab a cup of Joe and celebrate National Coffee Month!
For more information about Caffeine, check out Too Busy to Diet available on Amazon.com